flower background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

1st day of school

Well...we did it! We survived the first day of school...both of us. Henry cried and was not very happy when we walked in the classroom. (This is a new phase we're in though: separation issues) I sat down to play with him and show him all of the exciting toys, and he would walk to them with interest and then get upset again when he'd see me start to stand up. So...I decided to go ahead and leave the room to turn in forms and checks and come back to check on him. Thankfully, when I returned the teacher smiled and said "He's just fine. Go on. " So, off I went. I didn't think it was possible to go so many places in just a few hours. It was strange not having him with me, but I was pleasantly surprised with how productive I was. He was sound asleep when I arrived to pick him up and they said he had a great day. I loved having his daily report in his bag to see what all he played with and enjoyed at school that day. I really think this is going to be a great thing...for both of us. Day 1: success!

2 comments:

  1. You know you're a blogger when you take a picture of your son napping at school! So glad you started this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his first day of school outfit!!! He is going to love it. It took Callie a few times to enjoy it but now she waves bye bye and blows me kisses as I leave her. XO

    ReplyDelete