flower background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Whole New World

I totally have that song in my head now that I just wrote that title...anyways....

It really IS a whole new world now that Lucy is walking. And I mean for the BETTER. I really experienced it for the first time today. You know, once your child passes that infant stage where they relax in the carrier or your arms....and the phase where they just sit up and play without traveling around....it basically gets hard to really play outside until they start walking. Moms....do you know what I mean? Once Lucy started crawling, it was challenging all summer trying to let Henry play outside while I had Lucy with me. We don't have the ideal fenced in yard, and especially with us living on a busy street, I really need to be out there with him any time he's playing. Well, what do you do with the "other" child who is wanting to be on the move but can't walk? Yes....you swing...and that's it! Henry and I would always have to sneak outside to play quickly with the monitor while Lucy took her morning naps. And once she dropped that nap and they only napped at the same time...it really was challenging.


So, all of that rambling to say that it is now a whole new world with Lucy walking. She starting walking over the Christmas holidays and so we have not been playing outside with this freezing cold weather. Well, today we went out in the snow and it was SO NICE that she could just walk around with Henry to play in the snow. Yes, in challenging areas I would help her out, but I got a taste of it today. This spring and summer are going to be great! So much easier to play outside...so much easier at the beach. I'm just really excited about this phase of having both of my children in the "independent walking and full on toddler stage". They play together (and fight together) and it honestly makes me excited that we're not pregnant right now....is that terrible to say? I'm looking forward to enjoying this for a while. It really is a whole new world...and I'm loving it!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo for an easier life. I'm looking forward to Sydney walking for this exact reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete